Chol Theatre has received funding from Arts Council England to deliver an arts project with children and young people called ‘Equal Players’, integrating performance, story-making, research, digital, and drama education.
We are seeking a freelance digital artist/filmmaker and/or a freelance animator to work with children and young people. This opportunity could be for 1 person, 2 separate individuals or a team. The total work on offer comprises a number of projects, with a total available budget of £9000:
• £3000 to create 5 short animations, comprising 10 days in school at £200 a day plus 5 days editing at £200 a day. This relates to our Imaginary Communities project – a live story-making process whereby children work directly with theatre practitioners.
• £3000 to create footage/documentary work for ‘Escape Realms’ – a fun theatre experience based on the idea of ‘escape rooms’.
• £1500 for podcasts for our website and social media channels.
• £1500 to create digital ‘Postcards of Practice’. The aim here is to curate an online space where new practice can be shared in postcard-sized formats, opening up genuine access and participation in cultural education.
If you wish to apply for all or part of the work offered, please state which parts you would be interested in and submit your application accordingly.
Due to the nature of the work, an enhanced DBS certificate is required, which Chol can organise.
This phase of the project begins in October 2018 and ends in July 2019, taking place in Huddersfield, Sheffield and Rotherham.
Interested applicants should send a brief proposal by Thursday 6th September to Susan Burns, Project Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide information outlining:
– Experience in digital art / filmmaking / animation, examples of your past work, and your specialisms.
– Experience of working with primary school pupils from reception to Year 6.
– Experience of working with young people aged 11-25.
– A proposal of what you could create for the ‘Escape Realms’ project based on an ‘escape room’ environment.
Interviews will be held in Huddersfield on 19th and 20th September 2018.Filed under: Projects